Thursday, June 17, 2010

Second Workshop

Before our visit, the class created plushies of ourselves to show the patients what we are planning to make with them over the remainder of this project. We also made a design sheet to show them as well.

I was working with George who is such a character and a really lovely guy! He talked about his wife, the army, his budgies and other interests and hobbies which was extremely funny and moving.

It’s a real pleasure to be working with George as i find his stories are fascinating. When we started to work on his plush doll, it was a real laugh, I got him drawing out how he wants to look, calling himself a “Right fat lad!” We are incorporating aspects of his history, childhood, wife and what he looks like now.

We also filmed George talking about how he wants to be remembered and his wife, he read out a beautiful poem and I can’t wait to start my flash animation in relation to this video.

Both George and I find this project really fun and exciting. Making the plush with him is going to be such a joy. Even after just one session, the stories shared and the memories of his childhood told, I can tell how great this outcome is going to be as it is already such a fantastic experience I am having already.

No comments:

Post a Comment