Thursday, July 1, 2010

Applique Patch Workshop

I had a really lovely morning at the hospice this week. My partner Eileen wasn’t there, as she had told me to expect last week, and I definitely felt the lack of her presence. Last week I felt that we had made more of a connection, and I was disappointed that we couldn’t carry on getting to know each other this session, but such is the nature of the project – there was a few of us missing our partners. However, instead I was leading a few people in make appliqué patches for the quilt we’re making to commemorate the project. I had three people sitting with me, and the atmosphere created by their activity was really positive. The patches they made were so lovely, even those that doubted their ability absolutely excelled themselves. This quilt is going to be absolutely beautiful. Little was needed from me to get them going, to be honest; just the occasional needle to be threaded, or embroidery thread to be handed out. I feel that perhaps that was what made the morning so pleasing. That’s not to say I enjoyed it because I didn’t have to do much, but more because of the enthusiasm shown by the people I was working with, which gave me the feeling that we have really hit our stride with this project. In realising this, I have very mixed feelings about next week, which is the Celebration Day marking the end of our time at the hospice. Actually, I can’t wait to see the dolls all set up and have everyone see what we’ve been doing the last few weeks, but at the same time I will be truly sorry to see this project finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment