Tuesday, June 22, 2010

His clothes

Today was one of the most interesting day of all so far. A lot of people in my class, including myself, had a huge amount of things on their mind that they had to get rid of. We all met with a woman who helped run the Candle service that deals with bereavement in young people for a pre-session briefing.

After everyone got everything they had to off their chest, we started our making sessions with the patients we were working with. Unfortunately, Carlton had a little trouble with sewing and cutting so I did the best I could to involve him in what I was doing as much as possible by talking him through everything I was doing and asking him if he had any creative ideas on how to sew or cut the clothes.

Then Carlton, his wife and myself went outside so I could film his reply to the questions, how do you want to be remembered and tell me an interesting story from your life.

There is no point in lying in this blog because then it would all be for nothing, so I will be blunt. Its getting harder as I get to know Carlton and become more of a friend with him. However, as I get to know him better and better I'm learning a lot about myself.

Until next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment