Thursday, June 17, 2010

Ron

Working with Ron on the plush dolls was what I wanted and kind of expected. I wanted to be working with a man that was in the armed forces and had stories to tell. Ron was in the Royal Marines from when he was 18 until he was 20. He told me how lucky he was to do such a lot of things while he was young and one of those things was cruising around the world. He saw a lot of different places and found out for himself how different places can be. He seemed to be quite affected by poor countries and areas.
He wants to go on another cruise with his wife but isn’t completely sure whether it is going to be possible or not because of his health issues. This made me realise how health can change quickly and that I should really put the most effort into what I want to do and make the most of it. The other thing I found out about Ron was that he is quite protective and looks after people, helping them out or just making them feel comfortable and keeping them company. He told me about how his wife looks after an elderly person. These things made me think how capable he still is and how he realises how lucky he is compared to other people and their health issues. Ron is quite happy with his life and seems to be fulfilled by what he has achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment