Thursday, June 17, 2010

St. Christopher's Second Workshop

We arrived at St. Christopher's for the third time, and I must admit I was feeling alot more confident about meeting people today. The hospice did not seem so worrying to me. We got the Pavilion and we began to draw up a small plan for plushies we thought would represent ourselves so we could show an example to whoever we would be working with today. We then set up our little workshops and waiting for people to start arriving.

After a while, we began to see familiar faces starting to walk through the door. I began my work with two lovely ladies, Shirley and Mary. Mary was familiar to me, as she worked on the cross stitch table with me. I got speaking to them and I got them to tell me all about themselves to gain information for their plushies I got to know about their families, their past, their personalities, etc. I then got them to draw what they thought they may look like, and then I showed them my interpretation of that drawing. It really was a wonderful morning getting to know people.

No comments:

Post a Comment