Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Third Workshop

This week was possibly the most emotional that we have all felt. Before getting to work with the patients again, we had a talk with a lady who works with Candle. We all got stuff out and talked about how we are finding the Project so far, which was really helpful. Many people opened up about things that were on their mind, personally I find talking about death and illness really difficult to talk about so I didn't contribute much..
After having this little session, we got to work, we set the tables out differently so it was more of a 'group' workshop rather then one-to-one even though this was the main focus. Having the tables set like this was much better as we were able to talk to one another, other patients and our classmates thus having support from each other.

Sadly George was not feeling that well to attend the session which was really upsetting as I really enjoyed our last workshop together and I had made quite a big start on the doll that I would have loved for him to see and help me with. That being said I worked with Roland and got him doing some embroidery even though he said it was a 'woman's job!' nevertheless he is now very apt at embroidery and helped me create a watch out of felt! I also talked to the other patients on the table, learning stuff about their childhood, hobbies, and just having a nice talk with them.

Hopefully next week George will be all better again because i'm so excited to show him the doll so far!
Working with these fantastic people is very emotional and we have had a couple of ups and downs along the way, which is inevitable when doing a Project such as this. This is a celebration of their lives and an amazing opportunity to meet some brilliant people. I feel so privileged to be working with these people and so lucky to be part of this project.


No comments:

Post a Comment