Friday, July 2, 2010

My final workshop

To be honest, completely honest, I'm writing this upset. Its only just hit me that next week we will be holding the final celebration day and that will be the last time we are at St. Christopher's with our group of patients.

From day one till today, we have all experienced a massive spectrum of emotions, from sad and frustrated to happy and excited and today was no different. We met with the patients we had been working with to start putting the finishing touches on our dolls, these were things such as; buttons, pockets, embellishment's.

Today's workshop was really interesting for me, mainly due to Carlton. Today we sat and talked about Jamaica and how his church, the Jehovah's Witness's operate. I learnt so much i probably never would have if it wasn't for Carlton, and i made sure to thank him at the end of the workshop for sharing more of his world knowledge and opinions with me.

We shook hands and parted ways and i caught the bus home confused. I was looking forward to the celebration day next week but at the same time i was also slightly upset about it being the last time i get to hang out and shoot the breeze with Carlton..

No comments:

Post a Comment