Friday, July 2, 2010

Nearing The End...

After last week, I really wasn’t sure what to expect. The sun was shining as the group came in to begin the workshops we had organized for our last time at St Christopher’s hospice. I was excited to show Jimmy my progress with his plush doll. He liked it a lot and said it was very smart, which was the look I was going for. We didn’t do much craft work as he had to leave early and it was out last time one on one, so we spoke until he had to leave. He unravelled more about his life and I got to know him that little bit more. When he had to leave I continued to add finishing touches to the doll, he requested a handkerchief, which I made, and for his creeper brogues to be filled which are now completed. I am thrilled with the outcome and it makes me smile to know that I have made it with Jimmy and his input. I am looking forward to next week but as the celebration day nears, I’m finding it upsetting. I have tried to hold back the sadness I feel when I think of leaving but at the end of the day it will be filled with happiness and celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment